How to Verify the Signature on a Signed File
For your safety, Abtrusion Security digitally signs all installations
available for download. Whenever you download files from the Internet, it is
important that you verify their digital signatures before you use them.
To verify the digital signature of a file, you can follow the steps below:
- Start Windows Explorer and locate the signed file.
- Click on the file with your right mouse button.
- In the menu that appears, select 'Properties'.
- In the Properties dialog, click on the 'Digital Signatures' tab. If there
is no 'Digital Signatures' tab, the file is not signed.
- Select the signature in the signature list, and click on the 'Details'
- The Signature Details dialog appears. Verify that the dialog says that the
digital signature is OK.
NOTE: The signature will not be verified until you click on the 'Details'